Learn a new language!
Because we know that locals are also keen to improve their language skills, the school offers part-time courses in German from beginner level to advanced. Due to the change of law, foreign spouses of German citizens and foreign nationals living in Germany are now only able to obtain a residence permit if they can hold at least simple conversations in German. South Africans who are going to live in Germany have to be able to demonstrate basic skills in the German language (A1) before they arrive. bli runs beginner courses every term. If you are a total beginner you need to study for 3 terms to get to the A1 level. The length of your studies also depends on whether you have previously studied German, are in contact with a lot of German speaking people and if you can dedicate time to do homework.
Where can I write the A1 exam? (German O.K)
Courses are conducted for groups or individuals (private tuition), with standard courses running during weekday evenings. They are also available in-company and on weekends. Times and number of lessons per week can be adapted to the needs of students.
- Provides you with a learning framework for our language courses
- Explains what will be covered over a 9 week period (30x45 minute lessons)
- Focus is on conversation with remedial grammar and vocabulary building
- Classes are flexible rather than prescriptive
- Teachers adapt their learning plans to the specific level, aims and interests of their class/ students
Themes & Lexical Fields
- Speaking - pronounciation, key sounds
- Usage of Grammar
- Practical application of language (interactive role plays)
- Cultural Awareness
- Lexical expansion (other vocabulary)
|German for Beginner/Intermediate:||Course Package
30 x 45 Minutes
|9 Weeks||ZAR 3000|
- Maximum 8 students per class, minimum of 4 students per group
- Group classes run twice weekly for 2 lessons, one lesson is equal to 45 minutes
- Individual tuition available for every level, one lesson is equal to 50 minutes